It’s called “showrooming” when customers are “just looking” but are actually just using your store as their way of seeing and touching a product before price-shopping online. The American Independent Business Alliance compiled this article to help you turn that visitor into a buyer.
The seven tips compiled by AMIBA.
- Engage customers
- Turn apples into oranges.
- Develop cooperative partnerships with other nearby businesses to “bundle” products and/or services and make them unique and convenient.
- Train your staff to handle potential “showrooming” scenarios.
- Educate your customers and your community about the benefits of doing business locally.
- Seek suppliers that demonstrate their long-term interest in your business.
- Embrace technology and turn the tables.