Five Summer Market Themes Include GATHER TOGETHER;
PRINTS,CHARMING; SCREEN TIME; TAKE CARE and TRADITIONAL-ISH
LAS VEGAS, N.V. – (July 20, 2020) – Las Vegas Market announced today the webinar dates for its signature FIRST LOOK program. The two 30-minute, CEU-accredited sessions will be presented on July 29 and Aug. 5 in advance of Summer 2020 Market.
The FIRST LOOK webinars will be presented by program curator and 24-year magazine editor Julie Smith Vincenti. FIRST LOOK – Summer 2020 Home Furnishings will take place from 1 to 1:30 p.m. (PST) on July 29 and FIRST LOOK – Summer 2020 Gift, Housewares, Textiles, and Tabletop will be from 1 to 1:30 p.m. (PST) on Aug. 5. For webinar information and registration, visit https://www.lasvegasmarket.com/about/webinars.
The sessions will be connected to the following themes:
- TRADITIONAL-ISH: As Millennials approach new life stages, they are refining and redefining their style preferences. FIRST LOOK tracks the swing to transitional and traditional designs that recall past patterns and forms, yet still appeal to Millennials’ modern sensibilities. Corresponding exhibitor products include NB Poppy Bay Green pillow from Classic Home, Bhatia wool area rug from Feizy Rugs, Greenington Furniture’s Park Avenue bedroom collection, and Allendale chandelier from Hudson Valley Lighting.
- PRINTS, CHARMING: Floral trends, especially small-scale and charming varieties that recall pastoral gardens, cottage living, and meadow-like settings, are captured in this FIRST LOOK chapter. Think perennials, florals, container gardens, and sweet and savory color palettes. Corresponding exhibitor products include KAS Rugs’ hand-tufted Sparta area rug, Pacific Coast Lighting’s Château Ariel table lamp, decorative accessories from Sagebrook Home, and floral arrangements from The Ivy Guild.
- SCREEN TIME: FIRST LOOK reboots for 2020 with office solutions and media furniture with tech-smart features and everyday comforts for the whole family. Corresponding exhibitor products include Langley sofa from Emerald Home, new bathroom vanities from Manhattan Comfort, Porter Designs’ Cullen sectional, and Twin Star Home’s adjustable-height desks.
- GATHER TOGETHER: Holiday celebrations with friends and family take on new significance in 2020. Think top picks for gift-giving, including easy-to-ship products, tech gadgets, treats for our four-legged family members, gear for sports lovers and solutions for city dwellers. Corresponding exhibitor products include holiday decor from Compendium Inc., assorted partyware from Meri Meri, Carry Along sketchbooks from OOLY, and CBD-infused personal care products from Shea Brand.
- TAKE CARE: FIRST LOOK heads to the kitchen, where baking, smart snacking and hydration housewares are a focus area. Corresponding exhibitor products include bread makers from Ankarsrum, pastry rollers from Betty Bossi, Corkcicle’s new Canteen Carry Sling, and serveware from The Stout Companies.
“Efficient sourcing starts with FIRST LOOK, whether you’re traveling to Las Vegas Market virtually or touring showrooms in person,” Vincenti explained. “Our fast-paced webinars are a virtual short course for buyers and designers. We’re showcasing new and noteworthy products in all product categories, and we’re aligning our picks with meaningful trends for current times.”
As an added benefit, free digital flipbooks highlighting each theme and corresponding exhibitor product selections will be available following each webinar at https://www.lasvegasmarket.com/for-attendees/trends/first-look.
Las Vegas Market is the leading home furnishings and gift market in the western U.S., presenting 4,300+ furniture, home décor and gift resources in an unrivaled market destination. Las Vegas Market features thousands of furniture, home décor and gift lines, allowing for cross-category commerce among these industries. Summer 2020 Las Vegas Market runs Aug. 30 – Sept. 3, 2020, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.
“Las Vegas Market is committed to providing relevant and timely trend information whether it be virtually or in person,” said Dorothy Belshaw, executive vice president, chief marketing and digital officer for International Market Centers. “Our five broad themes for summer 2020 will play an integral role in helping our customers plan for recovery both now and in the future.”
About International Market Centers:
International Market Centers (IMC) is the world’s largest operator of premier showroom space for furniture, gift, home décor, rug, and apparel industries. International Market Centers owns and operates nearly 20 million square feet of world-class exhibition space in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta. IMC’s mission is to build and operate an innovative, sustainable, profitable and scalable platform for the furniture, gift, home décor, rug, and apparel industries. For more information on IMC, visit http://imcenters.com.