Showcase a romantic selection of black-and-white giftware against a black and pink setting with Parisian flair.
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to showcase some of the fashionable romantic products available on the market. This Parisian-themed setting mixes a flirty pink color with seductive and chic black elements. Here’s how to re-create a similar design in your shop:
1. Start by painting your wall or a backdrop in an eye-catching bright pink color. This will make the products really pop.
2. For the flooring, lay down a roll of black-and-white checkered linoleum to give the display a base and also carry on the black-and-white theme. You could also paint the pattern directly on your floor or onto a thin piece of plywood. Even a patterned rug could create the same effect.
3. To play up the romantic French feel, create a boudoir/dressing table look by adding a vanity table, framed mirror and scrolled chair. Paint all of the pieces black to carry through on the design. To enhance the display qualities of the mirror, flank it with hinged shutters and then hang product from the shutter slats with S-hooks. For more pattern, cover the chair seat in a cute checked fabric.
4. To add more display elements to the setting and to provide added height to various areas, position a metal coatrack to the left of the vanity and a hanging plate rack to the right. Again, paint both pieces solid black. You could also use a mannequin or dress form in place of the coatrack.
5. To create a riser effect for the merchandise, position various candleholders (painted black, of course) and some vases, picture holders and cake plates on the vanity and on the floor. (Note: if your display is near a high-traffic area, you might not want to place any items on the floor.)
6. For the pièce de résistance and to add one more romantic elegant touch, drape a long piece of fabric around the display to frame it off. To do this, attach decorative towel rings (fleur-de-lis designs work great) high in the center and then slightly lower near the sides.
Stationery and accessories: Lady Jayne, Ltd., 800-274-7685, www.ladyjayneltd.com.