Content offered by Markets in Atlanta, High Point & Las Vegas
ATLANTA/HIGH POINT, N.C./LAS VEGAS – (April, 2020) – As part of its ongoing support of the design and retail community during the COVID-19 crisis, International Market Centers (IMC) is presenting a series of free webinars for gift, home and apparel buyers and exhibitors, beginning this week. Tailored to each market and market center’s audience, but available to the industry at large, the webinars allow AmericasMart, Atlanta Market, Atlanta Apparel, IMC High Point Market, Las Vegas Design Center and Las Vegas Market customers to continue to connect despite current social distancing efforts.
Smart Retailer has removed webinars that are not available anymore. Some require registration. The webinars below that are beyond their Live Dates have recordings you can watch; you can ignore the dates. This list is accurate as of late April, 2020 (some recordings may be removed later).
How to Create Processes & Procedures for Your Business… So Your Business Runs More Efficiently
- Presented by Gail Doby, ASID and Kathleen DiPaolo
- Original Live Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 | 2:30pm PM ET / 11:30 AM PT
- Registration: https://gaildoby.com/operation-ignite-session6
- One of the least favorite tasks that designers avoid like the plague is documenting processes and procedures. However, one of the most magical things they can install in their businesses that will allow their teams to execute their visions with precision, are those pesky tools. Topics in this webinar include how to prioritize processes and procedures so a business can run efficiently with fewer costly mistakes, how to write a process so it is not too detailed, but it gets the point across for the team; and how to write a procedure so that it is easy to follow and replicable by a team.
Roundtable Discussion with Global Tradeshow Leaders
- Presented by FashionSnoops
- Featuring David Audrain, executive director of Exposition Division and CEO and partner of SISO; Dorothy Belshaw, Executive VP, Chief Marketing & Digital Officer International Market Centers; Sam Ben-Avraham, owner of Liberty & Cabana; Dodo & Aroma, show directors of On Time Shanghai; Michelle Finizo, CRO of Foundermade; Kelly Helfman, president of WWD MAGIC, PROJECT Women’s, Micam Americas and Sourcing; Mattia Miglio, international marketing manager for BolognaFiere Cosmoprof s.p.a.; Sharifa Maurdoch, co-owner of Liberty Fairs and founder of ENVSN Festival; Raffaello Napoleone, CEO Pitti Immagine; Boris Provost, CEO of Tranol; Nicole Leinbach Reyhle Founder & Publisher of Retail Minded; Karalynn Sprouse, executive VP of Emerald Expositions; and Anita Tilman, CEO of Premium Berlin.
- Original Live Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020 | Noon ET / 9 AM PT
- Registration: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/6315868042322/WN_gh_nCwOlQfWxQtOwLpZr4w
- Fashion Snoops presents a roundtable discussion with some of the most influential cross-market tradeshow leads from across the globe who will discuss the current reality and answer questions from the community.
JUST ONE Sustainability Essentials Webinar
- Presented by the Sustainable Furnishings Council
- Original Live Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020 | Noon ET / 9 AM PT
- Registration: https://sustainablefurnishings.org/civicrm/event/info%3Fid%3D433%26reset%3D1
- Companies of all sizes and in all segments of residential furnishings are compelled to each do their bit to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Similarly, the Sustainable Furnishings Council (SFC) is mindful that mitigating CO2 emissions and other life-threatening pollution is equally important. It can be overwhelming, but SFC member companies are in action, knowing that each step taken counts. In this webinar, SFC will present its new campaign, JUST ONE, which encourages the industry to learn from peers about what they are doing in their operations to reduce energy
Design’s Role in a Healthy Home Movement
- Presented by Rachel Moeller, designer account executive at Sherwin Williams
- April 30, 2020 | 1 PM ET / 10 AM PT
- Registration: http://sweventexpress.com/registration/?eid=20878
- In this webinar, Rachel Moeller, designer account executive at Sherwin Williams, discusses paint technologies to help improve the quality of clients’ homes with respect to indoor air quality, odors, mold and mildew and disease-causing bacteria on painted surfaces. Attendees will learn how to find paints and coatings that are 3rd party-certified so they can recommend a product with confidence.
TrendWatch is curated by 24-year magazine editor and home furnishings trends forecaster Julie Smith Vincenti of Nine Muses Media.
“TrendWatch opens the decade with trends that highlight new hues, patterns and inspirations, and also builds on themes from past seasons,” explains Smith Vincenti. “MEADOW, for example, draws on incoming cottage-inspired florals and warm and cool hues, while at the same time serving as a blueprint for refreshing Hygge interiors. AVIARY is rooted in established tropical moods and maximalist tendencies, but it serves up fresh patterns that allow the designer and consumer to bring bold colors into interiors. Lastly, PENTHOUSE explores big city living with right-sized furnishings that emphasize form, as much as material and color.”
As an added benefit, a free digital “flip-book” highlighting each trend and corresponding IMC exhibitor product selections will be available following each webinar at http://www.imchighpointmarket.com/trendwatch/.
High Point Market is the largest furnishings industry trade show in the world, with more than 2,000 manufacturers in 11.5 million square feet of showroom and exhibit space in multiple buildings in downtown High Point, North Carolina. Each Market attracts tens of thousands of retail home furnishings buyers, interior designers, architects, and others in the home furnishings industry. International Market Centers (IMC) owns 17 prime High Point Market showrooms and exhibit real estate, buildings which contain 70 percent of the exhibitors, including the majority of the top 500 manufacturers. Fall 2020 Market is scheduled for Oct. 17 – Oct. 21, 2020. For more information, visit http://www.imchighpointmarket.com.
Below is a brief description of each trend as well as its respective webinar date and time. To register for the webinar, please visit: http://www.imchighpointmarket.com/trendwatch
MEADOW – April 29 at 1 PM EST (0.5 CEU)
Small-scale florals, warm neutrals and hand-crafted embellishments thrive in TrendWatch’s MEADOW, a serene space that evokes prairieland dotted with wildflowers. The mood is quaint and romantic yet travels effortlessly to a metropolitan landscape. In MEADOW, we connect with nature — and the picturesque posts we upload seem to validate our effort.
AVIARY – May 13 at 1 PM EST (0.5 CEU)
TrendWatch’s color and pattern presentation for Spring 2020 celebrates avian motifs and patterns inspired by nature’s most colorful creatures. Artful abstracts that recall the works of modern masters nestle with feathery themes and designs. Greens, blues and incoming reds are hue headliners.
PENTHOUSE – May 27 at 1 PM EST (0.5 CEU)
The decade opens with renewed interest in neutrals, especially luxurious interpretations that emphasize finishing and form, so sparkle and shine meet sophisticated curation in TrendWatch’s PENTHOUSE.
Information about IMC’s markets is available online via these links:
- Atlanta Market / Atlanta Apparel / AmericasMart: AmericasMart.com
- High Point: IMCHighPointMarket.com
- Las Vegas Market / Las Vegas Design Center: LasVegasMarket.com